🌊 Helmwave is helm3-native tool for deploy your Helm Charts via GitOps. HelmWave is like docker-compose for helm.
We focus on speed execution, tiny size, pretty debugging.
With helmwave you will become a superhero:
- Deploy multiple environments by one step
- Separate values for environments
- Common values for apps
- Keep a directory of chart value files
- Maintain changes in version control
- Template values
- Step by Step deployment (depends_on, allow_failure)
- Live tracking kubernetes resources with kubedog
- Fetch data from external datasource like vault, aws ssm
- ... and much more!
Comparison to alternatives
|Syntax||YAML + sprig/gomplate||YAML + sprig||TOML/YAML|
|Helm execution||function call of bundled helm||
|Releases dependencies||Yes (depends_on)||Yes (needs)||Kind of (priority)|
|Latest docker image size|
|Linux amd64 binary size||+ requirements||+ requirements|
|Live-tracking kubernetes resources||Kubedog||No||No|
|Compatible with helm v2||no||Yes||Yes|
🌊 Helmwave is inspired by docker-compose, terraform and helmfile,
Here I would like to express our gratitude to all contributors for their commits, authors of third-party dependencies and all open source community ❤️